sending out Signal through Ethernet

Questions and discussions about the Xillybus IP core and drivers

sending out Signal through Ethernet

Postby Guest »

Hello All,
I am a beginner and I am in a learning phase.I am doing a small project on microzed and I am using Xillybus. I have a set of different signals which will be coming to my FPGA and then I have to send this signal out from the FPGA through the ethernet. To start with and to get some experience, I made a 8 bit counter and then fed the output of the counter to the FIFO. Then using the command cat /dev/xillybus_read_8, I am able to see the counter values in the terminal. Now I would like to save that values into a particular location in the ARM. Can you please tell me how I can save the values in a particular location. Suggestions, examples, links or documents related to this will be very helpful. If you want to know anything more then please let me know.

Thanks

Re: sending out Signal through Ethernet

Postby support »

Hello,

Could you please explain what you mean with saving that value in a "particular location"? Also, could you explain why you want to do that?

As for getting data out through Ethernet, the Microzed is a 32-bit Linux machine for all purposes. So if you want to do anything software-wise, any classic UNIX/Linux techniques apply. You may use TCP/IP, UDP and raw Ethernet packets, based upon coding API that you'll find anywhere on the web regarding Linux programming.

Regards,
Eli
support

Return to Xillybus