Microzed 7010 Sluggish response on xillinux

Questions and discussions about the Xillybus IP core and drivers

Microzed 7010 Sluggish response on xillinux

Postby Guest »

I have xillinux installed on my zynq 7010 based microzed board (commercial version) and having certain scripts running on them outdoors. I have 10 such systems outdoors. But only on two particular systems, whenever I login to these system, the response from the terminal is very sluggish and CPU itself seems to be running slow. After I reboot the system, then it would start running normally, and then again after a few hours, shows up the same behavior. What could be the possible reasons for this ?

Some process is utilizing maximum CPU resources ?
Or the 8GB SD card quality isnt good or corrupted sectors or image (Currently using the SD card that came with the microzed kit) ? What SD card is recommended to be used if so ?

What else could be the issue ? Temperature (Currently the microzed sits on my custom designed PCB which is usually at a temperature of 30-35 C based on the temperature sensor I have on board) ?

Re: Microzed 7010 Sluggish response on xillinux

Postby support »

Hello,

There's a variety of reasons for any Linux system's slow response. It's a bit difficult to tell without digging deep.

But if you're using any SD card but Sandisk, this can be the explanation, and any other weird stuff that you may experience. It may not sound that important, but for some reason, all other flash cards I know of cause problems of all kinds. So by all means, I suggest switching to Sandisk and hope that solves it.

Regards,
Eli
support

Re: Microzed 7010 Sluggish response on xillinux

Postby bobdxcool »

eli wrote:Hello,

There's a variety of reasons for any Linux system's slow response. It's a bit difficult to tell without digging deep.

But if you're using any SD card but Sandisk, this can be the explanation, and any other weird stuff that you may experience. It may not sound that important, but for some reason, all other flash cards I know of cause problems of all kinds. So by all means, I suggest switching to Sandisk and hope that solves it.

Regards,
Eli

Thanks for your response. Sandisk MicrosDHC 8GB or 16 GB Class 10 would be recommended or something better than that ? My system keeps running 24*7, and so might have a lot of read-write cycles. So, why I ask.
I was reading about having a swap partition online. Do you recommend using a swap partition for the xillinux OS, and if yes, do you recommend a particular procedure to create that partition without affecting the other two partitions used for the xillinux OS.
bobdxcool

Return to Xillybus