Zynq Seekable Interface Issue

Questions and discussions about Xillinux

Zynq Seekable Interface Issue

Postby Guest »

Hello,

I am exploring the Xillybus for a Zynq application and I have run into issue.

I have the Xillybus IP connected directly to the ACP port of the Zynq processor. I am running a 4.1.15 yocto Linux kernel and Vivado 2015.4 tool chain. I have a Xillybus core configured with a 32 bit addressable interface and several FPGA to host asynchronous streams. The FPGA to host streams appear to be working as expected. However, I am having a problem with the addressable interface. I essentially have this interface connected to a dual port RAM where I am attempting to read values out of this RAM. As a starting point, I have a very simple C program that attempts to open the interface and read from the same address several (5) times. The behavior I am seeing is that I am able to open the file interface in Linux and initially perform a lseek to the desired address. The initial read returns the value from RAM that I expect to see. Subsequent lseek and read calls do not return the expected value. It appears that the address pointer is still incrementing even though I am calling lseek prior to the read with a static address. The program ends with closing this interface. The behavior I have described is repeatable every time I execute the program.

I've also instrumented Chipscope so I could observe the signal behavior on this interface. With the program described above, I've noticed that the initial user space read call for a single address triggers multiple reads in the FPGA starting at the address specified with lseek. The following user space read calls do not appear to trigger reads in the FPGA. I assume this maybe due to some method of caching, but I am not sure if this is correct behavior.

Please let me know if you have ideas on how I could possibly troubleshoot this issue. I've used this interface with great success with PCIe Xillybus implementations on x86 Linux and Windows variations.

Thanks for your help.

Kevin

Re: Zynq Seekable Interface Issue

Postby support »

Hello,

Please apply this patch to the Linux driver: https://lkml.org/lkml/2016/2/24/145 (possibly by manual editing).

It seems like seekable streams is one of the scenarios affected by the bug it fixes.

Sorry for the trouble.

Regards,
Eli
support

Postby Guest »

Did anyone check if the patch helped? I have got the same problem, but it seems to be a Yocto problem (with the toolchain)

Regards
Romel

Postby support »

Hello,

Yes, the patch helped. I was notified about that in private correspondence.

Regards,
Eli
support

Postby Guest »

Thank you, it worked also for me.

Romel

Return to Xillinux (Linux distribution for Zynq-7000)