using picozed instead of microzed

Questions and discussions about Xillinux

using picozed instead of microzed

Postby Guest »

i'm urgently trying to buy microzed boards (7010) for my product which I have been using for a while running on xillinux. But now none of the microzed boards are in stock. Only picozed are in stock.
http://products.avnet.com/shop/en/ema/d ... 5623569824

Can I use the above board in place of microzed 7010 ? What would I have to change ?

Re: using picozed instead of microzed

Postby support »

Hello,

Just by looking at the datasheet, I can see that it doesn't have an microSD card slot, but just an eMMC. Which is fine, but you'll have to change the boot sequence so U-boot is loaded from the QSPI flash, and that it's eMMC capable (I don't know if the current revision is or not). Linux has no problems with eMMC.

I haven't compared the hardware settings regarding which interface (serial port, Ethernet etc.) is used where. If there are differences, U-boot needs to be recompiled with an updated, also recompiled FSBL.

To put it short: I don't know how much work it will be. It's doable, of course, but it might be anything from a quick fix to a week's work for someone who is really good at tweaking those things (much longer for a novice).

Regards,
Eli
support

Return to Xillinux (Linux distribution for Zynq-7000)