xillinux file transfer from host to FPGA

Questions and discussions about Xillinux

xillinux file transfer from host to FPGA

Postby Guest »

Hello,
I´m starting with the xillinux eviroment and with the help of harware analyzer in FPGA I´m able to see how the transfers between host and FPGA works.

The question is I want to send a long amount of data to the FIFOs in FPGA and I use the FIFO or the streamread aplications with my own test file.

when I run the next commands:
./streamread test
or ./fifo 1000 test

I see the commands running and the samples in command line but nothing happends in the FPGA (w_en,rd_en, fifo empty don´t change).

thanks,
regards,
julian.

Re: xillinux file transfer from host to FPGA

Postby support »

Hello,

Please refer to the Getting Started guide for Linux (section 3 in particular):

http://xillybus.com/downloads/doc/xilly ... _linux.pdf

As for your specific issue, it's not clear what you tried to do. For example, ./streamread test opens a file called "test". How is this related?

Regards,
Eli
support

Postby Guest »

Hello Eli,

yes , sorry for not be so clear with my explanation. I´ll try to explain in a better way now.

I have follow the guide you comment and I was able to send data with the cat /dev/xillybus_write_8 command and see the ascii values in the hardware analyzer in the fifo 8 bits din port and also the see how the wren and emply ports change. but now the next step I want to acomplish is to send the values of a file (test file name for example) to this Fifos and for this task the previous command is not enougth.

In chapter 4 talks about sample host aplications, so i decide to try the streamread example to send a datafile test to FIFO inside the FPGA logic part but after execute the command I see values in command line but nothing in FPGA, and also the same with FIFO aplication.

I suppose is something stupid I don´t understand about this examples because my knoweledge in C and linux is limited and I suppose is not to much complex to acomplish the task I´m trying.

regards.

Postby Guest »

sorry but I was not understanding correctly the eviroment but I found the way to do it with only one line:

cat test > /dev/xillybus_write_8

now I can see the data in hardware anayler.

thanks.

Return to Xillinux (Linux distribution for Zynq-7000)