windriver install problem

Questions and discussions about the Xillybus IP core and drivers

windriver install problem

Postby andylgh »

i bundle the demo to zynq7035 board,and i download bit into PL,the PC(win7 system) find pci device in device manager,but when i follow <<xillybus_getting_started_windows.pdf>> to install driver, this step is failed and Tips:Windows cannot install PCI device

can you help to slove this problem ,thanks!!!!!
andylgh

Re: windriver install problem

Postby support »

Hello,

Could you please be more specific on which board exactly and what you've done until reaching the error?

I should mention that if you've made any changes in Xilinx' PCIe block, it might have altered the Vendor and Product IDs without asking for it. So as a first step, I suggest verifying that these are 0x10ee and 0xebeb, respectively.

Regards,
Eli
support

Postby andylgh »

thanks for anwser,i found the problem,i use the zynq board the xillybus.inf need to change : %Xillybus.DRVDESC%=Xillybus_Inst, PCI\VEN_10EE&DEV_7024
andylgh

Postby support »

Hello,

I understand that you changed the driver's information to match the incorrectly updated product ID. That is indeed one way to solve the problem, but it's better to change the product ID in the FPGA design. Among others, because you might want to use the driver with some other design in the future, and suddenly it won't work again.

Regards,
Eli
support

Postby andylgh »

thanks for your advice!! i will try this mothod
andylgh

Postby andylgh »

i check the fpga design
pcie VID = 10EE
pcie DID = 7024 (device id)
pcie RID = 07 (Rivision ID)
pcie subsystem vender id = 10EE
pcie subsystem id = EBEB

if i want to use default xillybus.inf,need i change DID value to EBEB?
andylgh

Postby support »

Yes, I suppose so. But it's more common to do this correction with Vivado's GUI. Or possibly even better, to use the configuration file that came with the bundle. If you made any changes, make sure nothing else changed along with it.

Regards,
Eli
support

Postby andylgh »

thanks for reply rapid
andylgh

Return to Xillybus