How do I *search* this forum? I can't find a search button.

Questions and discussions about the Xillybus IP core and drivers

Postby helmutforren »

helmutforren

Re: How do I *search* this forum? I can't find a search but

Postby support »

Hello,

There's indeed no search button, and adding one sound like a good idea.

However Google can be used, with the "site" directive. For example, looking for "serial port" in this forum, write the following in Google's query text box:

Code: Select all
serial port site:forum.xillybus.com

Regards,
Eli
support

Postby helmutforren »

LOL. Thanks, Eli, sincerely. I did in fact in the interim do exactly that, a Google site search.

From you example I deduce that you saw my other posted question. But I don't see your answer [yet]. Note that my search, formatted exactly like your example (except include "http://") yielded only 7 results, and none of them appear to be germane to my question. That leaves me hoping for someone to answer my other posted question.

(
The first result is about a xillinux OS. Hmm... Didn't know that existed.
Second result mentions PMOD connectors and other stuff. I don't know what platform this is. Maybe I'm just not up to speed enough. I don't expect to be needing to modify u-boot.
Third result... I don't got no zed board.
Fourth result... LOL, finally somebody who begins there post with context! Xillinux again. I ought to find out what Xillinux is, I guess! Skimmed http://xillybus.com/xillinux. Note I'll be on RHEL 7.4, so I don't think any of the Xillinux stuff is germane.
Fifth result... TLP Max payload size. I might get there in the future, but not today.
Sixth result... PCIe Max payload size. ditto.
Seventh result... not about serial port.

Nope, no help there. I realize my posted question could be answered totally outside the Xilly world. It could be answered strictly about Linux. But I was actually hoping there was a pre-existing Xillybus solution to this. Did I RTFM? I read substantial parts of it. Searching for germane now to CYA (CMA, actually). Nope, I don't think it's covered in "Getting started with the FPGA demo bundle for Xilinx" or "Getting started with Xillybus on a Linux host". Search site:xillybus.com beyond just the forum, but also quoting "serial port"... 6 results. I already read "A Tutorial on the Devcie Tree (Zynq) -- Part V". Skimmed I through IV. No joy. Nothing any better.

So, original question. Help please! Thanks very much.
)
helmutforren

Postby support »

Hello,

This is the thread of the other question:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=578

I don't know why you didn't see my answer there.

Regards,
Eli
support

Return to Xillybus