[DRC 23-20] Rule violation (INBB-3) Black Box Instances

Questions and discussions about the Xillybus IP core and drivers

[DRC 23-20] Rule violation (INBB-3) Black Box Instances

Postby Guest »

Hi everybody

i use the xillybus core download from offcial website, and build the project use the TCL script(the vivado ver. is 2015.4), in my computer, it's ok ,and generate the bitstream. but when i copy this project from my computer to another computer, during impelement, the vivado(2015.4) error
[DRC 23-20] Rule violation (INBB-3) Black Box Instances - Cell 'xillybus_ins/xillybus_core_ins' of

Re: [DRC 23-20] Rule violation (INBB-3) Black Box Instances

Postby support »

Hello,

Please look for a file that is missing in the project after moving to the new computer. Vivado might have assigned an absolute path to xillybus_core.ngc or something of that sort.

In general, I recommend maintaining the Tcl file, so it includes files that are added to the project as well as changes in the setting, as the project is developed. This allow re-generating the project at any time, which is a benefit for version control as well as for moving the project to a different location on the disk or to another computer.

Further discussed here:

http://xillybus.com/tutorials/vivado-ve ... -packaging

Regards,
Eli
support

Postby Guest »

Hi,

I also suffered from this error. My Vivado version is 2017.2. As far as I know, the main reason for this is because of the target chip (Kintex-7), and the version of Vivado. NGC is not supported anymore in these newer version of Vivado, so they use ngc2edif to convert NGC file to EDIF, unfortunately, the core NGC is encrypted so ngc2edif doesn't work. Do you have any idea how can I resolve the problem without install lower version of Vivado?

Thank you in advance,
Your sincerely,
Quang Dao

Postby support »

Hello,

(1) There is no problem using NGC with any VIvado version known as of November 2018.
(2) The NGC file isn't encrypted. Actually, I don't think there is something called "encrypted NGC".

Please follow the suggestion given to the Original Poster: Find the missing NGC file in the project, and make sure it points to an existing file.

I've Googled around on this topic, and indeed some report to have solved similar issues by using ngc2edif. I speculate it helped them because they included the file manually after that. The action of manual inclusion, and not the file format, was probably what solved their problem.

Regards,
Eli
support

Return to Xillybus