How to find operating frequency and throughput?

Questions and discussions about the Xillybus IP core and drivers

How to find operating frequency and throughput?

Postby Guest »

In my project work, i need to find operating frequency and throughput of my design. My design is encryption and decryption with xillybus PCIe which is implemented in VCU108 using vivado. I am new to this. Please assist me in finding operating frequency , throughput and processing time. Thank you.

Re: How to find operating frequency and throughput?

Postby support »

Hello,

Please refer to this page for information on testing Xillybus' bandwidth performance:

http://xillybus.com/doc/bandwidth-guidelines

Regards,
Eli
support

Postby Guest »

Thanks for the reply. Is it possible to find the values from vivado design suite about frequency ?

Postby support »

Hello,

Which frequency are you interested in? bus_clk runs at 250 MHz on the Ultrascales. You can get that info from Vivado, but it's often not trivial to nail down that piece of info in the reports.

Regards,
Eli
support

Postby Guest »

Thanks for your reply.I need to calculate throughput for my design. The formula of throughput is (block size * operating frequency)/(latency). To calculate operating frequency AR#57304 gives some information to calculate it. But, i do not where to find T and WNS. There are two WNS in vivado design suite 2018.3 one in implementation timing report and another one in synthesis timing report. And i could not find where 'T' is. Is it how we calculate operating frequency and throughput from vivado design suite? My design latency is 4736626 and block input size is 1024 bits.

Postby support »

Hello,

This forum focuses on issues related to Xillybus' IP core. It seems like your question is more about Vivado's timing report. I therefore suggest turning to Xilinx' forums in that matter.

Regardless, and since you're apparently into hardware acceleration, I suggest looking at section 6.6 of the host application programming guide:

http://xillybus.com/downloads/doc/xilly ... _linux.pdf

Regards,
Eli
support

Return to Xillybus